New Parent Mentor in Nebo School District
Introducing Heidi Whittaker
Utah Parent Center Parent Mentor
Serving Families in the Nebo School District
Do you have a child with special needs attending school in Nebo School District? Do you have questions or concerns about your child’s IEP? If so, there is someone who can help you!
Hi, my name is Heidi Whittaker. I am a Parent Mentor with the Utah Parent Center. The Utah Parent Center has partnered with Nebo School District to provide free assistance to families of children with special educational needs. I, too, have a child receiving special education services in Nebo School District.
If your child has special needs, so do you! As a Parent Mentor, I can provide:
Services are offered to parents and professionals through the provision of one-on-one consultations. I can help you by:
- Providing a private consultation in-person, by e-mail or over the phone regarding questions or concerns about the special education process.
- Providing information on the IEP process and your rights and responsibilities under IDEA.
- Helping you prepare for IEP meetings and providing support during IEP meetings.
- Connecting you to resources and supports in your community.
- Providing information about upcoming events in the district and statewide.
All services provided are free and confidential. No information will be released without your consent.
To contact me please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 801.228.8144.